Business Insider features #InequalityIs series

Paul Polman and Martin Whittaker are highlighted as CEOs tackling inequality.

Published in Business Insider | February 4, 2016
Here is why the top 2% of society should help the other 98%
By Matt Turner

Inequality "undermines the fabric of society," according to Unilever CEO Paul Polman. Unilever has a market cap of around $130 billion and owns household brands like Axe, Hellman's, Dove, Knorr, Ben & Jerry's, and Vaseline.

"Inequality is probably the biggest prohibitor that we face to creating a sustainable and equitable future for all of us," he said in a video posted on the Ford Foundation's website.

Public figures ranging from musician Elton John and writer Gloria Steinem have also posted videos as part of the foundation's #InequalityIs campaign.

Read the complete article

Media Contacts

Press Line
Tel (+1) 212-573-5128
Fax (+1) 212-351-3643
[email protected]

Joshua Cinelli
Media Relations Chief
[email protected]

The Ford Foundation

The Ford Foundation is an independent, nonprofit grant-making organization. For more than 80 years it has worked with courageous people on the frontlines of social change worldwide, guided by its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement. With headquarters in New York, the foundation has offices in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.